Structured DIALOGUE Assumption Checking disciplines were introduced to the business world in the 1990’s through the MIT Dialogue Project & Peter Senge’s Fifth Discipline Fieldbook.
We applied the tool of DIALOGUE with thousands of corporate executives and employees during large scale change leadership initiatives, strategic planning, interdepartmental team process improvement and most recently in the tough conversations around race relations .
We begin by facilitating a sequence of 3 zoom meetings on your business agenda to demonstrate results of achieving clarity, coherence & coordinated action.
What you will notice as structured DIALOGUE is applied:
- Meetings are more efficient with action steps that require less follow up.
- Teams align more quickly on the same page.
- Participants see the interconnected bigger picture and streamline work processes.
- Listening and understanding increased.
- Curious inquiry prompts new solutions to old recurring problems.
- Conflict is resolved with less effort.
- Assumption checking language is applied in every day interactions minimizing emotional blocks & expediting forward movement.
Sample Day 1 Agenda 1.5hr – 2hr zoom
- Introduction to DIALOGUE disciplines from MIT
- Dialogue practice: What are our current challenges & concerns?
- Discussion: What are our shared priorities now?
- Dialogue practice: What are our assumptions around these priorities & challenges? How limiting are these assumptions? What new assumptions might we consider?
- Discussion: What new solutions might we apply from these new assumptions?
- Dialogue practice: What if we applied these new solutions? How might that improve our efficacy and business results? What might it look like, sound like & feel like to be successful at implementing these solutions? How urgent are we?
- Closing: What are our agreements to move forward? Who is doing what by when?
- Schedule next team zoom dialogue and 1-1 coaching in between sessions.
DIALOGUE best practices that drive results in less time include:
- Apply assumption checking language from our Business Table Talk™ placemat.
- Use the STOP Pause time out moment in meetings from our Business Table Talk™ placemat.
- Practice the language:
- I’m wondering…
- What if…
- How might we…
Structured DIALOGUE disciplines are best applied over a period of 3-6 months in order to fully establish the competencies within the culture and realize the greater business impact.
Clients who have experienced the benefits from
DIALOGUE training & facilitation:
“Communication was poor. Trust level was low. After a few meetings DIALOGUE disciplines opened the lines of communication and allowed sincerity to come through into new actions.” Director, Manufacturing. Hoffmann La-Roche
“Something seems to ‘click’ for individual participants and at times the entire team when an intense dialogue is facilitated at the end of a meeting to bring all the points together.” Jennifer Van Zandt, President Bullseye Sales.
“Dialogue seems like it slows down the progress but at some point it all comes together and we “pop” into ahha…clarity.” United Chemical Workers Union.
“I found a smoother flow in the discussion that followed dialogue. I already felt listened to so there was no need to fight for airtime.”
OPTION: We train & certify the HR partner, leadership team member or business owner in Dialogue Mastery Facilitation to establish the competency within the organization that continuously produces results in business meeting applications.